The Cincinnati Mineral Society is a non-profit association of amateur mineralogists and mineral collectors that promote the earth sciences, teach mineral appreciation, and participate in the collection and exhibition of minerals, meteorites, and other geological specimens
Quick facts about the society:
- Founded in 1935
- Currently has ~120 members
- Member of
- The Midwest Federation of Mineralogical and Geological Societies
- The American Federation of Mineralogical Societies
- Membership in the Cincinnati Mineral Society includes membership in these organizations.
The society also maintains close associations with the following local organizations:
- The Dry Dredgers
- The Cincinnati Lapidary and Faceting Society
- The Cincinnati Museum of Natural History and Science.